Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Gathering of Friends and a Recipe!


 I HAD to share one of my favorite cookbooks with you!  "The Gathering of Friends" is a wonderful resource when it comes to cooking.  It's original in the fact that it lays out a whole meal from an appetizer/salad/main course/side/dessert and then lists the complete ingredient list for you to use to shop with.  This is a definite "go to" for me when I am hosting a get together or taking food somewhere.  I only have Volume 1, but there are 2 others that I will be purchasing soon! :)



original


Now, on to one of the yummiest recipes!  This is the perfect pasta salad to make in the summer.  Try it...you will NOT be disappointed!

(Sorry about the picture quality...I had to scan it in.)

 Chicken and Apple Salad

Ingredients
2 pounds chicken tenders, cooked
2 tart apples, cored and cubed
1 7-ounce pound Gouda cheese (I haven't added this)
1 8-ounce package bow-tie pasta, cooked
1/2 cup celery, diced (I leave this out)
1 cup pineapple tidbits
1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved (I use a little more)
2/3 cup sliced almonds
Honey Lime Dressing (recipe follows)

Honey Lime Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon poppy seeds (I haven't added these either)
Mix dressing ingredients well.

Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and cool.
Combine pasta and other salad ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in Honey-Lime Dressing.
For best results, add dressing just before serving. (This is true!  It stays creamier)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the recipe. Can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!!!

    Tiffani
    Thoughts from Tiffani

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH man that sounds great! AND the cookbook as well! Maybe I will have to treat myself to the book during the Summer. :)
    See you Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete